Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Elevation Polish The Twinkle in Yeti's Eye

Shortie alert!  It seems that anytime I obliterate my nails into shorties, awesome nail mail arrives.  This is definitely one of those times.  Oh well, the colour was too beautiful not to use it.  :)
I find that the second photo shows the blue of Elevation The Twinkle in Yeti's Eye more accurately, as well as that gorgeous (shifting) shimmer.  Two coats of Twinkle provided opacity, but unfortunately, I had a few issues with this polish.  First, the shimmer is very shy, unless you are in the blazing sunlight.  Second, it slightly stained my nails.  :(
For the stamped nails, I applied two coats of Pahlish The Ghost Shift, a charcoal holo with purple microglitter, and when they were dry, stamped over them with Essie Go Overboard, a teal creme that matches the teal in Twinkle very nicely.  I am actually surprised that it was opaque enough!
I used two of my favourite designs (I don't remember which Konad plates they are, as I am not at home right now); the second one reminds me of mendhi.  :)


Pahlish The Ghost Shift (index, middle, pinky)
Essie Go Overboard (blue stamping on index, middle, pinky)
Elevation The Twinkle in Yeti's Eye (ring)

Pahlish The Ghost Shift (pinky, middle, index)
Essie Go Overboard (blue stamping on pinky, middle, index)
Elevation The Twinkle in Yeti's Eye (ring)

What do you think?  Is the hype surrounding Twinkle warranted?

No comments:

Post a Comment