Sunday, November 3, 2013

Illamasqua Facet/Essie Mind Your Mittens

Illamasqua Facet is definitely up there on my Top 10 Favourite Polishes list!  It's a beautiful greyed-out taupe with the most amazing golden bronze shimmer.  It sparkles and dances and it was a dream to apply (two coats).  I think its softness paired well with Essie Mind Your Mittens, the blue creme with hidden shimmer from the winter 2012 collection (also two coats).  Both colours are unique in my collection.
I added a bit of bling with OPI I Snow You Love Me.  I didn't apply this glitter topcoat regularly; instead, I fished out the glitter and placed them on my nails with the end of a bobby pin.  I prefer 'neat' glitter when it's this size.  The only thing I dislike about this mani is that since I used two thick coats of topcoat, there are tiny bubbles on my ring finger.  But, if you don't click on the pics to enlarge, you probably can't see them. :)

Illamasqua Facet (index, middle, pinky)
Essie Mind Your Mittens (ring)
OPI I Snow You Love Me (glitter topper)

Here is a view from the side, so you can see the holo detail a bit more.

Illamasqua Facet (index, middle, pinky)
Essie Mind Your Mittens (ring)
OPI I Snow You Love Me (glitter topper)

Don't you just love brown and blue combos?  I do!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. You've got me having second thoughts about Facet! It's lovely on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous! I love your blog btw. You have amazing long nail beds! )

      Delete