Saturday, November 16, 2013

Illamasqua Charisma/Essie Sable Collar

To think that I almost got rid of Illamasqua Charisma!  I initially swatched it using one coat, when it's the second coat that brings out the richness of the reddish pink shimmer and glints of the red microglitter.  *wipes brow*  I'm glad I tried it again because I love it.  I also love the smoky/dusty shimmer of Essie Sable Collar.  I'm not sure how to accurately describe this polish; to me, it is taupe with reddish shimmer, but in some lights it pulls grey, while in others it leans more brown.  Regardless, it is a beauty!  Both polishes applied nicely in two coats and I added a coat of Wicked Fast to bring out the shimmer.

Illamasqua Charisma (index)
Essie Sable Collar (middle, ring, pinky)

Essie Sable Collar (middle, ring, pinky)
Illamasqua Charisma (index, thumb)

Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone; I decided to (finally) try out my Ninja Polish Dragon glitters in a half moon accent mani.  I just taped off the upper 1/3 of my nail with a French tip sticker, painted on two coats of the glitter and peeled off the sticker right away.  Once the glitter polish dried, I topped the nails off with a coat (or two?) of Nubar Diamont, my 'hungry glitter' topcoat.  Kinda cute!

Illamasqua Charisma (index)
Essie Sable Collar (middle, ring, pinky base colour)
Ninja Polish Chameleon (middle glitter topper)
Ninja Polish Enter the Dragon (ring glitter topper)
Ninja Polish Komodo (pinky glitter topper)

Essie Sable Collar (middle, ring, pinky base colour)
Ninja Polish Komodo (pinky glitter topper)
Ninja Polish Enter the Dragon (ring glitter topper)
Ninja Polish Chameleon (middle glitter topper)
Illamasqua Charisma (index)

I thought this was a fun way to spice up my mani.  Next time I do a half moon mani, I think I'll try using glitter as my base polish and a subdued colour for the bottom half.   Ideas, ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment