Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dior/RBL Skittles

I think I've found the perfect silver glitter ~ Picture Polish Heavy Metal!  It is opaque in two coats, dries smooth (!!), and has some holographic pieces that glint through the silver glitter.  If I could find champagne and gold glitters that were like this, I'd have my precious metal lemmings fulfilled. :)
I added Dior Shadow and Liquorice to the mix to ascertain the difference between them; they are very similar in the bottles.  Both are purple shimmers, but Shadow is kind of a dusty greyish purple, while Liquorice is a deeper and more vibrant reddish purple, if any of that makes sense.  :)
To complete the mani, I used RBL Reveillon.  To be honest, this colour did nothing for me at first, especially since it is prone to brushstrokes.  However, after dabbing the polish with a makeup sponge and then using topcoat, the brushstrokes are gone and the shimmer shines!  I'm still not sure the icy blue shade works well with my skin tone; I'll have to try it again!
Heavy Metal and Reveillon were both two coaters, while Shadow and Liquorice were two-coaters with a bit more brushed on to cover patches caused by my ridges.  

Picture Polish Heavy Metal (thumb)
Dior Shadow (index)
Dior Liquorice (middle)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Reveillon (ring, pinky)

Rescue Beauty Lounge Reveillon (ring, pinky)
Dior Liquorice (middle)
Dior Shadow (index)
Picture Polish Heavy Metal (thumb)

I should have taken a full shot of Heavy Metal! :O

No comments:

Post a Comment