Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Texture skittles with a dash of China Glaze

Continuing with the skittle trend, I thought I'd try a texture (well, partly) mani.  The contenders were Girly Bits Razzle Dazzle (my favourite pink polish), Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad and Zoya Chyna.  I thought I'd balance out the texture with China Glaze Immortal, a grey with blue/purple shimmer.  Initially Immortal was in my swap/sell pile, but once I put it on, I fell in love with the shimmer.

Razzle was the grittiest of the textures, followed by Chyna and then GGGB.  After a day or so of wear, I wanted to see how many coats of Nubar Diamont it would take to smooth out the texture polishes.  GGGB was extremely smooth in one coat (it's meant to be worn shiny) and, surprisingly, so was Chyna!  Razzle needed two coats and even then it was not perfectly smooth.  Oh well.  The polishes sparkled brilliantly with topcoat (click on the second pic!), but they looked just as nice with the texture.

China Glaze Immortal (index)
Girly Bits Razzle Dazzle (middle)
Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad (ring)
Zoya Chyna (pinky)


China Glaze Immortal (thumb, index)
Girly Bits Razzle Dazzle (middle)
Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad (ring)
Zoya Chyna (pinky)

Just look at GGGB and Chyna! Love!   How do you like your texture polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment