Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rescue Beauty Lounge Skittles with a dash of Gosh

When I finally got my impatient little hands on Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie 2.0, what did I do?  Rip the box in haste to get her out and quickly slap some on my nails?  No.  I picked her up, stared at the dark brown/gold lustre in the bottle, and put her in my 'special' polish container alongside my few Chanels and Diors.  I knew I wanted to save her and bring her out when I had time to carefully apply her and revel in her beauty.  *wow, anthropomorphize much?*

When the time was right, I decided I wanted to see how she compared to her RBL sisters Anne and Ghost, also unworn polishes (I know, I know, use these beauts, don't just let them sit).  From afar these polishes appear similar, but up close, the colours and finishes all differ.  Ghost is a vibrant, glowing brown metallic; Anne has an olive green base infused with subtle pink shimmer; Scrangie 2.0 is a brownish olive metallic with tiny multicoloured shimmer.  I'm not the greatest at describing polishes, so if you'd like a more accurate description of Scrangie 2.0, please peruse the words of the creator herself, Scrangie.

I coupled the RBL polishes with Gosh Galaxy as I figured they would compliment the green/bronze/brown tones and I think I was right.  :)  All polishes applied like butter in two coats.  Scrangie 2.0 and Ghost, interestingly, appeared ridden with brush strokes immediately after application, but became smooth and shiny once dry and topped with a coat of Wicked Fast.  Oh, I love how WF always intensifies my polishes!

Gosh Galaxy (index)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne (middle)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie 2.0 (ring)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Ghost (pinky)

Gosh Galaxy (thumb, index)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne (middle)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie 2.0 (ring)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Ghost (pinky)

I'd be hard pressed to choose a favourite from this mani.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment