Thursday, October 3, 2013

Holo skittles with a dash of Orly

I'm on a skittle kick, dontcha think?  I don't know why, but I just really like the look of three different accent nails coupled with a neutral colour.  Today's neutral is Orly Country club Khaki, one of my oldest polishes.  I haven't used it in quite a while, but I remember why I love it ~ creamy and opaque in two coats, this polish goes with brights, darks, shimmers, glitters, everything!
All of the China Glaze polishes are from the Hologlam collection.  I know that most people (read: polish fiends) were disappointed that the holo wasn't as 'in your face' as that of the OMG collection, but a subtle holo polish is a nice thing if the colour is beautiful, no?
And, it doesn't hurt that I scored these polishes for $3 each!!!
I don't remember if I did two or three coats of China Glaze, but I do know that CCK is two coats.  All nails have a coat of Cult Wicked Fast, my HG topcoat.
Let's just take a moment and revel in the subtle holo.  

Orly Country Club Khaki (index)
China Glaze Galactic Grey (middle)
China Glaze Strap on Your Moonboots (ring)
China Glaze Take a Trek (pinky)

Orly Country Club Khaki (thumb, index)
China Glaze Galactic Grey (middle)
China Glaze Strap on Your Moonboots (ring)
China Glaze Take a Trek (pinky)

I can't decide which blue is more stunning!  Do you have a favourite Hologlam polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment