Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gosh Galaxy and Finger Paints Peacock's Portrait

I purchased Gosh Galaxy a while ago for someone in the US and I really didn't understand why people were clamoring to obtain this polish.  Fast forward to a year later and here I am professing my love for Galaxy!  I saw it on sale at my local Shoppers Drug Mart and thought that I could add it to my swap list, but ended up trying it on and loving it.  It's in the same vein as Chanel Graphite and OPI Number One Nemesis but darker, I think, and with a smattering of blue glitter.  I'll definitely have to do a comparison of these three in the future as I can't think of all the differences offhand.  I've come to love these types of polishes (large shimmer? small glitter? foil? metallic?) and can't wait to add other colours to my collection.

I painted two coats of Galaxy and one coat of Wicked Fast and then decided to jazz up my pinky with Finger Paints Peacock's Portrait because, well, why not?  You can't really tell there is a glitter topper unless you look closely, but it sparkles nicely in the sun.  PP consists of large turquoise holo hexes and smaller multicoloured holo glitter ~ blue, purple and green, I believe, like a (duh) peacock.  I think she'd really shine over a dark creme.

Gosh Galaxy (base)
Finger Paints Peacock's Portrait (topcoat on pinky)

Finger Paints Peacock's Portrait over Gosh Galaxy...and a zucchini!  It was the closest prop.  :)

If you'd like to see PP over black and a bottle shot, head on over here.  Ain't she purdy?

No comments:

Post a Comment