Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Graphite...finally!

I have to admit that I never used to like foil polishes, until I came across the long-discontinued Chanel Graphite.  Sparkly but not streaky, golden olive and smooth, it looked so beautiful in pictures that I had to have it.  I finally managed to find someone who would swap hers and I jumped on the chance.  I am glad that I did as it is everything I thought it would be.  In fact, Graphite has ignited a love of foil polishes and has caused me to purchase more.  Do I smell a comparison post in the future?...

I wanted to preserve Graphite as I know I`ll use it a lot in the future, so I thought that a few polishes from the Essie Fall 2013 collection would go well with it, along with Cult Nails Faded. All of the polishes are two well-behaved coats, plus one coat of Wicked Fast to enhance the shine.  I love this neutral ombre mani; I`m not one to always wear seasonal polish and this really fit the bill in the midst of flaming bright neon manis!

Chanel Graphite (thumb, index)
Essie Cashmere Bathrobe (middle)
Essie Vested Interest (ring)
Cult Nails Faded (pinky)

Full hand shot

I can`t wait to pull out more autumn polishes and mix them with some brights!

No comments:

Post a Comment