Thursday, March 14, 2013

Picture Polish Warning and Cirque Cape Liz/XX

Apologies for the horrible tipwear you are about to see, but it must have been my topcoat!  I polished my nails before bed, put on my usual topcoat (Cult Wicked Fast), went to bed and then woke up to this!  Strange.  The description of Picture Polish Warning, taken from Harlow and Co, is as follows:

for the young & the not so young!
Warning is not a holo, not a mulit chromatic and not a glitter. Warning has a mystery rainbow effect that is magical so you really need to see it in person! So as the poem states you have be warned!

I'd have to agree.  While the polish is clearly an icy purple (does that even make sense??), it shimmers blue in some lights and dances with iridescent micro glitter in other lights.  It's not quite metallic, not quite a fine shimmer, not quite a glitter, but all three of these things.  
To be honest, I wasn't very fond of it when I first put it on, but it has grown on me and now I'd like to wear it again, sans the rushed application (which was two easy coats).  It kind of reminds me of Elixir Lacquer's Bad Kitty on glitter steroids.  :)



Too excited to wait (I got these polishes on the same day), I dressed up my index finger with two coats of Cirque Cape Liz, a gorgeous greyish blue with iridescent micro shimmer and one coat of XX, the gorgeous multi-shaped holo glitter.  Pictures do not do XX justice!  Can't wait to use them both again.  Gah, my poor untried pile...

No comments:

Post a Comment