Monday, March 11, 2013

Contrary and KB skittles

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon swatches of indie brand Contrary Polish and little did I know that it would become my new favourite indie polish.  I bought many shades in mini size to 'test the waters' and the first two I chose to wear are Bright Night, a deep blue polish with lighter blue shimmer and Firebrand, a burgundy polish with pink shimmer.  Both of the Contrarys were opaque at two coats and gorgeously shiny without topcoat!  Once I was in the sun, I noticed a few lighter spots on my Bright Night Fingers, but I chalk that up to doing my nails in my artificially-lit bathroom late at night.  :)

KB Shimmer I Got a Crush on Blue added a little spunk to my second accent finger.  I added one coat over Bright Night, but I should have done two coats to add to its gloriously holo depth.  I love it!  I used to shy away from any blues that were not turquoise or teal; maybe I am turning over a new leaf?

2 comments: