Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A few swatches

The last mani I posted was out of order; these are the two manis that I wore prior to that post.  :)
I know it doesn't matter, but I feel the need to post the polishes in order of wearing them.  A little bit of OCD, I suppose...

First up is OPI Care to Danse, accented with Dollish Expecto Patronum.  I've had both these polishes for ages and since they are both creamy, pale jellies, I thought they'd go nicely together.
I'm not sure I'll be keeping Care to Danse.  If I remember correctly, I did three (or was it four?!) coats and the polish was still streaky!  Plus, if you look at the bottle colour, it is a pale lilac colour, while the colour on my nails is pink.  :(
I do love Expecto, though.  Two thin coats over the Care to Danse - beautiful!


This is another polish I've had in my untried drawer for about a year now.  Why did I wait so long?  China Glaze Ahoy is a fuschia jelly infused with golden glass fleck shimmer.  Opaque at two coats, glistening with or without topcoat ~ what's not to love?  This will be a gorgeous pedi polish in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment