Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holo ombre...sort of

I knew I wanted to wear a holo for this mani, but couldn't decide on a shade, so I decided to go with all of them.  :)  The a England polishes could have easily applied in one coat if I applied them more carefully (I did two), while the Glitter Gals took three coats to reach opacity.  No matter, as I don't mind layering over a base shade to preserve these gems.  :)


 thumb ~ Glitter Gal Lizard Belly
index ~ a England St George
middle ~ Glitter Gal Teal Blue
ring ~ Glitter Gal Teal Green (more emerald toned IRL)
pinkie ~ a England Dragon


a England Dragon
Glitter Gal Teal Green
Glitter Gal Teal Blue
a England St George
Glitter Gal Lizard Belly

My thoughts?  Teal Blue is by far my favourite shade of the bunch, with Lizard Belly a close second.  I do love the hue of St. George and if it were a linear holo instead of scattered, it would definitely be in second place.  Teal Green is gorgeous, yes, but I don't really wear emerald polishes.  Dragon...well, I can't deal with the gold flash in it.  Yep, that's me and gold all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment