Saturday, November 10, 2012

OPI Let's go to Rotterdam and eat some herring!

I've seen OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam and I Have a Herring Problem on blogs and in person time and time again, and they've never called out to me.  However, I spied them marked for clearance at my local Trade Secrets and the lighting in that store is such that it makes polishes so sparkly and inviting.  I scooped them up and set out to try them at once.  I couldn't decide which one to try first since they are very similar, so I tried them both.
Rotterdam and Herring Problem are both blue cremes with fine gold/silver/at times multi-coloured glitter.  The difference is that Rotterdam is a faded periwinkle blue (cool toned) while Herring Problem is a slightly darker faded teal blue (warm toned).  The difference is easier to spot on the nail, not in the bottle.
As I did this mani a few weeks ago, I don't exactly remember how many coats I used ~ either 2 or 3.  Application was good and the polish dried fairly quickly and smoothly.
Normally I'm not fond of gold shimmer, but it just seems to work with these polishes. :)


OPI I Have a Herring Problem
OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam (ring finger)

OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam
OPI I Have a Herring Problem (ring finger)

I prefer the warmer toned Herring Problem.  What about you??

1 comment:

  1. I like how they both look on you! I prefer Herring Problem since it's warmer, but I actually ended up with Zoya Skylar.

    ReplyDelete