Monday, October 8, 2012

OPI Live and Let Die/OPI On her Majesty's Secret Service

I don't normally go out and buy polishes from new collections, but I happened to be in Trade Secrets this weekend and spotted the new OPI James Bond Skyfall collection.  I picked up four polishes that intrigued me; two of them being Live and Let Die and On her Majesty's Secret Service.
Can I just say 'what a disappointment'!  As there were no sample nail wheels for this collection in the store, I had only the lighting to rely on and I really think something in Trade Secrets' lighting makes polishes more twinkly, saturated and beautiful than they really are!  In the store, LaLD appeared to be either a navy blue or dark teal polish with prominent multicoloured (gold, green, pink) glitter while OhMSS appeared to have a charcoal base with the same multicoloured glitter.
When I put them on at home, I was disappointed to see that LaLD appears almost black in all lighting with subtle, not prominent glitter, while OhMSS maintained the same charcoal base, but without the twinkle of the colours in the glitter.  Furthermore, LaLD covered in two coats but on several nails, I had cuticle drag and had to polish a few areas with three.  OhMSS needed three coats for opacity.
If the glitter was more prominent in LaLD, I wouldn't mind the almost-black base, but I already have many other polishes like this with brighter glitter.  As for OhMSS, I am just not a fan of glitter like this; I prefer shimmer or larger glitter.  Why did I even bother?


I know for sure that the third glitter I picked up, The World is Not Enough, is not my colour, so I am fervently hoping that Tomorrow Never Dies will turn out to be as blue as swatches I've seen and not purple like the lone nail that I've tested...

No comments:

Post a Comment