Friday, August 24, 2012

Cult Nails Manipulative/Captivated

These are not my first Cult Nails polishes, but they, especially Manipulative, have propelled Cult Nails into my new favourite brand!  One of the blogs I follow, Chit Chat Nails (a fellow Canuck), regularly showcases Cult polishes on her lovely nails.  Well, her gorgeous and creative swatch photos spurred me to order several more Cult polishes from the recent $7 sale.  When those arrived and I saw how beautiful and well-made these polishes are, I simply had to purchase more.  Bad, I know, especially when I am trying to destash my collection!
I've seen this combo quite a lot in the blogosphere, so credit goes to everyone who has done it before me ~ using Captivated as an accent nail with Manipulative!  I used two coats of Manipulative, a creamy faded turquoise with slight silver shimmer and two coats of Scandalous under one coat of Captivated.  Obviously, Captivated darkened the bright coral of Scandalous into an orange shade ~ still very pretty though.
It's a fresh, summery combo, don't you think? :)
I used one coat of Wicked Fast over this manicure, but Captivated was surprisingly smooth even without the topcoat!
Now, what Cult polish do I try next?  I can't decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment