Thursday, June 7, 2012

A few glitter top coats

Even though my Ozotic 533 mani from two days ago was still going strong, I decided to spruce it up a bit with several top coats.  Why I didn't wait until I was wearing a plain creme, I don't know.  There would be more contrast that way, and thus easier to discern the glitter differences.  Oh well...
Behold the glitter contenders:
Lynnderella Shape Shifter, Candeo Dive Bomb, Girly Bits Wet Bikini

Shape Shifter is chock-full of silver holographic glitter of all shapes and sizes.  I heard that one coat provides plenty of glitter, but I did one full coat and blobbed on a bit more glitter on the right side of my nail.  There's not too much contrast between 533 and Shape Shifter, but it is still pretty.  Notice the long stick glitter that got caught on the end of my nail and is poking out like an antenna ~ oops!
Lynnderella Shape Shifter

Dive Bomb and Wet Bikini seem similar in my (not so great) photo, but in the bottles, they are not as similar.  Dive Bomb is brighter while Wet Bikini is more subdued.  Dive Bomb is predominantly medium and teal blue based glitter, accented with small copper and large chocolate hexagons, whereas Wet Bikini is teal and royal blue squares and hexes, accented with opalescent hexes.  Both have clear bases and both are gorgeous!  I painted my index and middle fingers with Dive Bomb and my ring and pinky with Wet Bikini, but I will only show you the middle and ring fingers.  They have both one coat of the glitters, which are suprisingly smooth without top coat!
Candeo Dive Bomb, Girly Bits Wet Bikini

In terms of glitter payoff, Dive Bomb delivers much more in one coat and spreads very easily (plus I love the brown accents!), but both polishes are equally beautiful with their teal glitter.  I love teal!
Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment