Friday, March 30, 2012

Ozotic 505/Deborah Lippmann Don't Tell Mama

I've had both these beauties in my stash for a few months now and finally decided to try them.  The blackened teal colour of Don't Tell Mama perfectly matches the teal flash of 505; it was only natural that I partner them.  505 is sheer, so it is best layered over a darker colour, at least that is what the majority of people think.  I think I will try layering this over a lighter colour next time and seeing which mani I prefer.  
I painted two coats of DTM and two coats of 505.  Note that there wasn't much of a difference in intensity between one and two coats, so if you do a thick coat, you can get away with one and save the precious polish...
I didn't take a picture of DTM by itself, but Vampy Varnish has a good swatch.


 teal flash of Don't Tell Mama

Blue to purple shift of Don't Tell Mama 
*excuse my abused cuticles!!*

Besides teal, blue and purple, this polish also shifts from a blazing emerald to reddish bronze.  I couldn't get good pictures of the last two, so here is a great comparison of all the colours!

4 comments: