Monday, January 9, 2012

OPI Save Me

Happy New Year, all 3 of my followers! ;)  I had a nice restful holiday with the husband and kids and while it didn't snow until the last day (!!), we had a good time.
Prior to the holidays, I spotted the Nicki Minaj OPI colours on display at my local Trade Secrets and snatched up two of the colours: Save Me and Fly (I was thinking about Did it on Em, but it's too close to my FingerPaints Lucky in Love Lime).  I was intrigued by the holographic bar glitter buried in silver glitter, but was ultimately disappointed.  This mani took three coats of polish to build opacity, but ended up with numerous pieces of bar glitter sticking out.  I used two thick coats of Nubar Diamont and it was still bumpy.
Pretty, but not for me.  Definitely going into the swap pile!


OPI Save Me

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! Niiice! That is an eyeful of sparkle. :D


    I have a bottle of this polish on it's way to me. Should be here in a day or so. I don't know if this will help, but in my experience, polishes like this one are best worn in one good coat over a coordinating or contrasting base coat. Maybe you would like it better, worn that way? Just a thought before you send it away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could work Ice Queen! I only have one silver (Zoya Trixie), but will try it out with that and give it one more chance!!

    ReplyDelete